What is a credit card reader?
A credit card reader gives you the ability to accept credit cards using an iPhone, iPad, Android and other mobile devices. A credit card swiper has a small dongle that attaches to your mobile device by plugging it into either the headphone or auxiliary plug of a tablet. (See below). A credit card reader also comes with a mobile app that is used to process credit card payments.
Benefits of using a credit card reader
With a credit card reader you take the sale to your client. Talk about convenience! This mobile point of sale solution is secure and comes packed with features via a mobile app. You can accept credit cards, make refunds, and even accept cash payment. Furthermore, a credit card reader is hands down the most flexible credit card processing solution.
About our FREE credit card reader
When you sign up for a new merchant account with Total Merchants Services we provide you with a FREE Payment Jack credit card reader. That’s right, there is no upfront fee for the swiper. The mobile app is also free.
- Payment Jack enables you to accept every major credit card with your mobile phone. This includes MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover.
- Set a tax rate and it will auto calculate into the total sale.
- It is easy to accept tips.
- All transactions are recorded and can be exported for better management and organization.
- Keep track of customer contact details and build up customer base for targeted marketing.
- Offline transactions are available when you do not have access to a cellular or WiFi signal. Transactions are stored securely until you can upload them at a later time.
- You can issue receipts to your customers immediately or email receipts to your customers’ email addresses. This is true for cash or credit payments.
- Payment Jack credit card processing is quick and professional.
- All payments are encrypted to ensure protection for you and your customers.
- With Payment Jack you can process and record voids and refunds for credit and cash transactions.